Wednesday 9 December 2009

Over Joyed

You find this footygeek somewhat a different one from several weeks even months ago, and you know why? I've put money in the bank from Betfair!

I am now in the middle of a trading challenge which starts with a daily £50 bank, but more of this later.

How did we get here? Well I have to give credit to reading the excellent 70k blog for starters which pointed me to the over 1.5 goals market and also starting small and building up.

Saturday saw me turn my £24 bank into £90 thanks to several rolled up stakes on back Overs in Man U, Chelsea and Barcelona. Sounds obvious but I did have to sweat a bit but it paid.

Sunday didn't see as much action but a good selection from the Italian games saw the bank eventually rise to £140.

The bank size now was making me nervous and being back in the office and having to use the Iphone to trade, I struggled. A back of Under 3.5 goals in a midday Bulgarian Premiership game because a big distraction especially as early in the second half there has been 2 red cards and 1 goal. I managed a small green trying to scratch as it finished 1-2.

I waited until I got home and had a chance to watch a Romania game while Mrs FG went shopping, so I backed the Overs as normal and hoped. The game suspended midway through the first half and I hoped it was a goal. A quick visit to the forum showed a foggy pitch had stopped play.
I stayed in as long as I could but no goals saw me take a £90 red in a 0-1 game.

It got me thinking, I knew a loss would have come soon and I took this on the chin and started again with the £50 left. I then decided that if I set the stake to £50 each day then any profits could be banked and not so much pressure.
3 trades at around 1.3 would make around £50 winnings if successful.

I started it yesterday and managed to get £50 in the bank and left £88+ in Betfair. I have then played some weird and wonderful matches from South Asia Football Federations Cup to Bulgarian Cup then the FIFA Club World Cup Playoff.

I only managed £16 profit today as I tried to add some extra green to the £47 profit I generated by backing Overs in the Sevilla v Rangers game. An early goal should have been greened up but I let it roll and lost out as it finished 1-0.

The bank is now at £100, £50 is for the next days stake with a backup £50 in case I lose out.

Just looked at P/L and it's pleasing enough with a £96 profit for the last 3 months, the best I've been for a long while.

I'll try and give some daily progress if possible and hopefully report some more success in my favourite Betfair market.

No comments:

Post a Comment